This Page

has been moved to new address

April Challenge: Blog Spring Cleaning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: April Challenge: Blog Spring Cleaning

This Page

has been moved to new address

April Challenge: Blog Spring Cleaning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: April Challenge: Blog Spring Cleaning

Monday, March 28, 2011

April Challenge: Blog Spring Cleaning

Vineyards in Lavaux region, Switzerland
I've realized that over the last few months the number of readers increased a lot compared to my 2010 levels and wanted to first thank you a lot for reading!  

While some of you may have started the annual spring cleaning at home, I'm taking a new challenge: 

I'm going to clean up my blog and, oh, my social media life in general. 

From simple tasks such as changing passwords and updating the list of pages I've registered into (I'd recommend you guys do this from time to time, too - it's good to know who's got information on you) to more time consuming changes, such as creating my own domain, transferring my posts, comments and followers successfully and coming up with a new web design. I think I've got some work to do, right?

Anyway, what implications does this have? If you're following me on Facebook, Twitter or are subscribes to my RSS feed, there should be no problem problems. Even using Google Friend Connect should be ok - it's just an additional widget. I'm a bit more concerned about the reader I get from google searches, but I'm sure I'll figure that out. 

My own domain!

I've got so excited that I've already purchased my domain and installed wordpress. This will make it much easier to find, as I'm switching over to www [dot] 100mileshighway [dot] com !! In case you're wondering, I've used Bluehost to buy my custom domain and set up a hosting account - I felt attracted to the fact that they have 24/7 technical support (which by they way, I've already made use of - and up to now, I'm happy with their service). 

Redesign

About the blog design or, well, theme, I haven't made up my mind yet. There are just too many options available! The first theme that comes to my mind is Thesis (the one that everyone uses and everyone recommends) - but I have a really limited knowledge of webpages and I'm afraid I would no be able to hold up it - I may just need something simple. I am considering a theme which is more suitable for highlighting my pictures... Do you have any recommendations?

New features

The content will stay the same, although I've been thinking about adding two new features (both related to travel and expat life), but I'll give you more information on this when the time is right. In any case, I would only start working on this once my transfer to Wordpress and the new blog design is all set up. 

These are the major changes that will take place during the next couple of weeks of spring around my blog. I will still post continuously (now I only hope that you'll be informed about that!). 

Do you have any plans on spring cleaning your blog this year? 


Oh and btw. I guest posted at Christine's blog, Christine in Spain, about the different alternative plans for Tenerife, Canary Islands (besides for the sun and fiesta, of course), go and see!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, I am planning on doing this!!! I want to redesign everything!!! But, I want to do it myself. Have a good Monday!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Michelleyes...redesigning by your self, therefore you need time and a certain artistic ability - which is why for me, it will take a while...yours plans sound great, good luck!!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Travel With Lulu said...

Good luck on 'the move'! Off to check out your guest post :)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Anonymous Ayngelina said...

Yay I love your site but wow I hate commenting on blogspot! So excited to see the changes.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Ayngelina yes another reason for the change, I'm also excited about it! :)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Happy Homemaker UK thanks! hmm.. I hope I don't lose much on trying this experiment ;)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Kirsten Alana said...

Love your site but VERY excited for you to be self-hosted, off blogger and on to bigger and better things :) Wishing you ALL the best. Oh, and a great theme for displaying photographs is ProPhoto wordpress themes.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with all the changes, you do have a great site by the way and it sure works well for you that your site comes up 1st on Google Reader. I am on the exact same page are you are (no pun intended), planning a redesign of mine the first of May.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger VaishVijay said...

First off, colors in your photo are fantastic! Then, "happy spring cleaning", mine is WIP...

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home