This Page

has been moved to new address

Outlining Lac Léman (Switzerland)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Outlining Lac Léman (Switzerland)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Outlining Lac Léman (Switzerland)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Outlining Lac Léman (Switzerland)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Outlining Lac Léman (Switzerland)

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or join me on Facebook to be regularly updated. Thanks for visiting!

Lac Léman (aka. Geneva Lake)
On Sunday, I woke up early - the sun was shining on my face. It was the first day of spring and it felt great! After lunch, I took the chance to discover my city and its surroundings by taking a walk along the lake towards Montreux. 

Montreux is 27 kms away from where I live, which was quite optimistic for a random Sunday afternoon. I told myself I'd walk until I got hungry, tired or cold. And so my walk began.

First signs of Spring
The path next to the Lake
The little Port of Lutry 
After 11 kms outlining the lake, when I reached the center of Cully, I wasn't tired nor hungry. However, the sun wasn't as warm as it was after lunch and a cold breeze was coming through my light spring attire. Turns out that a clear sky and bright sun in march does not automatically mean you can unpack your swimsuit, at least not in Switzerland! 

When the sun comes out, its nice to be a tourist in your own city or region. Walk. Take pictures. See what surrounds you with different eyes, don't just assume that you've seen it already. Fall in love with your city (again). I really recommend it.

Have you ever tried being a tourist in your city or region? Have you grabbed your camera and searched for this alternative angle?

Want to see more pictures of my walk from Lausanne to Cully? Visit my Flickr Gallery!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 at 5:30 AM , Blogger TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Those blossoms are beautiful! I love that you did this. A vacation feel without leaving home :)

 
At March 22, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

These pictures are gorgeous! LOVE the cherry blossoms!!!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Debbie Beardsley said...

I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing your pictures. I was fortunate to have been in Montreux and Lausanne and this brought back many memories of those beautiful cities and the amazing lake.

 
At March 22, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Beautiful captures! I am definitely a tourist in my own city. Stopping by from FTLOB and now following :)

 
At March 22, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Steve said...

I really like that photo of the path by the lake. So beautiful. I often try to explore the area where I live. If you live in a big enough place, I think there's always more to see.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger LCR said...

oh man, i LOVE these photos. and your header. did you design it yourself? so cute.
xo
L

 
At March 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Daydream Living said...

Hi Katherina!
Great to meet you, your blog is very interesting with all the traveling you do, love it! And I love Spain too, we are going there again this summer. Take care,
Maureen

 
At March 25, 2011 at 2:22 AM , Blogger Single Unsingle said...

Found ya on 20sb.

Love ur blog!

newest follower (gold button on the followers tab)

Slak/follow my blog tooo

www.single-unsingle.blogspot.com

PS: Spring is just tooo darn beautiful :)))

 
At March 25, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Meri said...

Ohhh yes, I take pictures of absolutely everything. I enjoy it so much- and I also enjoy your photos so much! What an incredible lake walk. My two favorites are the spring blossoms and the one with the caption about the path. Beautiful! I'd love to visit there.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous ropcorn said...

Wow, that looks amazingly beautiful! I hope you stop by here in Sweden one day. :-)

 
At March 25, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Aww more Germans! Und die Schweiz ist so wunderbar... ;) Tolle Fotos! Liebe Gruesse aus LA!

Stop by some time: http://everybodylovesagermangirl.blogspot.com

 
At March 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous Spencer said...

Great post. I love Switzerland it is such a beautiful country. The people are really friendly too.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home