This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting All Personal...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Getting All Personal...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Getting All Personal...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Getting All Personal...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting All Personal...



Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or join me on Facebook to be regularly updated. Thanks for visiting!

I'm not the kind of girl that gets all personal on her blog - it's mainly about my travels and less about myself after all. But this time, I'll make an exception. Fellow blogger, Life begins at 30ty, tagged me on my first blogging award! Life begins at 30ty was one of the first blogs I started reading, and still follow closely - she has a hilarious writing style and always makes me smile with her stories on online dating. Thanks!


1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy about doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so you could be anonymous now?
In my case, I went the other way round! I started trying to be as anonymous as I could be, but as I started feeling more and more comfortable, I opened up to the blogosphere. I recently also told friends and close family about it! Then again, I generally write about my personal experience traveling – there’s nothing to hide about it.
2. Describe an incident that shows your stubborn side.


Back to the times I was a University student in Germany, I had to complete a compulsory 6 months internship in german. I didn’t want to stay in Germany, though, so I applied to Switzerland. After receiving an internship offer I couldn’t resist, I went to my tutor to get his approval. He rejected it – My internship was supposed to be in Germany.
I fought my way through e-mails and meetings. I wasn’t going to turn down this opportunity. After a week I told him that I had accepted the internship whether he liked it or not. So he approved it.
Sometimes I have the impression Professors only want to watch you fight for what you want.  
3.What do you see when you really look into the mirror?
First thing I see: a terrible haircut! My expat recommendation: avoid hairdressers that don’t speak your language – 2 years of beautiful long wavy hair and one day, it’s gone! This was back in October or November, and I’m still not over it…
4. What is your favorite cold summer drink?


Tinto de Verano... I miss it so much!
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Taking time for myself ideally equals to traveling. When this is not possible, I spend time at the food market, play in my kitchen, read a book, or take a walk (which mostly ends up in me going shopping, oops!).
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life?
There are too many things I still want to accomplish – starting with learning French and snowboarding (which, with the current winter, doesn’t seem too feasible), taking a gap year to travel, complete an MBA and building my own business. There’s still some time for that, for now, I’m focusing on my French skills. 
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Do I have to be any of them? I think it depended on the subject itself. I was the overachiever in math, physics and technical drawing. My math teacher used to take my homework to other classrooms to show people how to be clean, tidy and precise when completing an exercise. Then again, I wasn’t good at history or literature. I blame my tidiness – to write neatly you have to take your time, so I usually didn’t manage to complete the examination essays.
8. If you closed your eyes and wanted to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
Last year I had bought tickets to spend Carnival in Tenerife. It wasn’t an easy ride nor a cheap one. The day before, I started to have fever, which got worse during the night. On the day of my flight, I went to the nearest Urgency Room only to find out that I had a liver infection and couldn’t fly home. Worse than feeling the pain I had, was how miserable and scared I felt during the 4 hours I spent at the hospital alone without understanding ¾ of the words being used around me.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I share things about myself, but must admit, I hold myself back on anything too personal or that may play against me in the future.
10. If you had a choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I’m often more of a book fan than someone that spends hours on the phone (and my phone bill thanks me for this). Then again, sometimes there’s an idea in my head that I need to talk through with someone, which is usually when skype steps in. 


And now... I nominate another 3 bloggers that I enjoy reading regularly and from which I'd love to know more about!
Meri-Goes-Round
Smile Soup
Eat Drink Be a Tourist

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Kelsey Cunningham said...

aw thanks girlie! I'll have to make sure to do this!! xo

 
At March 10, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Ayngelina said...

I´m much like you, I wasn´t anonymous per se but I didn´t tell people about my blog until recently.

 
At March 10, 2011 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm the same too. I'm still not sure about sharing my blog with my close friends and I never know how personal my posts should be.
I think its nice to see a personal post every now and again and learn a little about bloggers. I makes all those other posts a bit more interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home