This Page

has been moved to new address

Aha! Blogging Makes Me Tech-Savvy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Aha! Blogging Makes Me Tech-Savvy

This Page

has been moved to new address

Aha! Blogging Makes Me Tech-Savvy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Aha! Blogging Makes Me Tech-Savvy

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aha! Blogging Makes Me Tech-Savvy

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or join me on Facebook to be regularly updated. Thanks for visiting!


I'm a technological disaster. Sadly, the only things I know about are Microsoft Office and Photoshop (for Windows that is, not for Mac - uhm, and I have a Mac...). But when it comes to internet, codes, programming... I'm so lost! - Which is the reason I started a blog on Blogger - it seemed so much easier than Wordpress!

But although I'm still very green on all this, I think I'm improving. After all, I've achieved the following:
  1. Established an RSS Feed - When I started this blog, I didn't even know this term, neither what it was meant for. RSS looks to me like SQL, so for the first couple of months I thought it was some kind of programming
  2. Created a Reply to Comment Button - This is funny. I had thought Blogger would allow you to reply to people's comments, but I never found this option - so I took an external code! (wow,  me working with codes...)
  3. Set Up my Facebook Page - Which, by the way, I would love that you join as I want to start using it as a way of talking to you, my dear readers, more directly - not only about the blog!
  4. I designed my own button. What about that, huh? I've never been a button fan... but it has been just another technological challenge. I kept it quite simple (as said, my Photoshop skills were way better when using Microsoft, I'm still discovering what my Mac can do!). To grab a button, just scroll the sidebar, there soon should be another code

I really feel great about my tech-improvements! However, this learning curve is just starting. There are a couple of other things I would love to understand some time hopefully this year...
  1. My own domain. But I still don't understand anything about domains and hosting. Any tips on this?
  2. A Twitter Account. I was against Twitter. I've always related this to people tweeting about where they were every second and what they're up to: "drinking coffee with my best friend at ....." kind. But I've read too many good stuff about using twitter to chat with people with your same interests, or maybe even organize tweet ups!
  3. A Flickr account to share more selected pictures, and add a flickr slideshow to my blog. Ha! That sounds extremely challenging though... 
Anyway, do you think blogging has made you more tech-savvy? Which are your blogging challenges for the year?

Labels:

9 Comments:

At January 30, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Meri said...

Good for you! You've inspired me to do some work on this today.
Happy Sunday!
Meri

 
At January 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Rease said...

I used to be totally anti-twitter too, but it's really fun. It's a great way to keep up with everyone's blogs and lives. Plus people get in fun convos.

 
At January 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] said...

I was so lost with twitter, but it's fun to talk with other travel bloggers. I am not very tech saavy either - RSS feed is still something I've yet to master...

 
At January 30, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wanted to stop by yours as well! And trust me, you could not possibly me more low-tech than I am, so don't worry! Haha.

 
At January 30, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Rease and @Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] It looks like I will have to set up twitter soon! :)

 
At January 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Meri yey!! Sundays is for working on our blog ;)

 
At January 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@*~Christine~*No waay! You've started just a couple of months ago... and you're doing great! I like it! keep the posts flowing ;)

 
At February 2, 2011 at 4:50 AM , Anonymous Ayngelina said...

I was the same way too, although having had sites on both blogger and wordpress I have to say WP is much easier. It is pretty intuitive and as most bloggers are on WP if I have questions there are a wider group of people who can answer.

 
At February 5, 2011 at 6:05 AM , Anonymous Andrew said...

Having a blog definitely exposes you to far more tech than most non-bloggers realize. This is a good thing. The more people understand about the tech the better off they will be in using it. You don't nessicarily need to know how it all works, but how to work with it. I equate this to driving a car and knowing how to put in gas, check the oil and change tires. These are basic things.

Feel free to ask me questions on Twitter @groundedtravelr. I like the tech and helping bloggers understand it. I am working on an ebook on the topic as well.
Grüße aus Deutschland.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home