This Page

has been moved to new address

Start Spreading the News...I'm Leaving Today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Start Spreading the News...I'm Leaving Today!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Start Spreading the News...I'm Leaving Today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Start Spreading the News...I'm Leaving Today!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Start Spreading the News...I'm Leaving Today!

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!


Times Square, NYC
...Remember the day I won two flights in my company's New Year's party? 

Well, I'm finally making use of my gift and we're flying to New York for 5 days! This might not seem a big deal for those of you living in the US, but it's the hell of a big deal for me, I'll be flying all the way over the Atlantic for what basically could be considered a long weekend.

When did traveling become so easy, that it's actually possible to cross the Ocean for 5 days of shopping and cocktails?

Ok, I promise to do some tourism as well... This won't fall hard at least, I'm dying to visit the Guggenheim, the New York Library and the Brooklyn Bridge (among many many others, of course). But as said, I don't believe that you visit a city by only visiting it's attractions. Probably the main attraction will be living in East Village, Manhattan - which is the neighborhoods with the highest concentration of bars in the city and which also gave birth to many of artistic movements - I love street art, like the mural below!

Graffiti Mural on the corner of Houston and Bower, NYC
Any recommendations on where to shop, eat or drink are highly appreciated!  

Oh and before I forget, in case you haven't notices, I'm now on Facebook! (pointing on the upper right corner of the blog). Join me! 

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At January 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Angie said...

I was born in New York. Closer to Buffalo, but I still love NY! Last time I was there was when I was 15. :( So as much as I'd love to recommend places, I don't really remember much. But I hope you have a great time either way, and I hope someone does come along to recommend some hot spots!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Brenna said...

Yay how excited! NYC is so fun! Quite the world traveler! I am kind of obsessed with peanut butter, so I always think PB & Company is a fun place to go for lunch. But there's so much to eat you have to choose wisely!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Brenna I'm really concerned about the food part, haha! I know myself, and probably spend more time eating than shopping.. specially knowing that you can get ANY kind of food in the City! I'm writing down the PB & Company, thanks!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@AngieDMac I had been in NY before, but I was only 5-6 years old! And the only thing I remember is hiding in a huge toy store. Everyone was worried searching for me and I was having the time of my life!

You should go back to NY some time, I bet you have a totally different view of the city once you're grown up!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Mehwish said...

You should really try Little Italy, really good food. Same with Chinatown and Meatpacking district.
You also have to try Magnolia Bakery (if u havent already). Its in Times square and Bleeker st.Best cupcakes and cherry jamboree

Have fun!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Katherina and NYC together! Can't wait to see what you discover!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Franzi said...

Hey Katharina,
check out brooklyn flee (on saturday) and if you are a fan of satc.. i know it is very touristy, but i did a satc tour and it was fun! and don't miss the metropolitan museum, it is my favourite museum in the world!! have a great time in nyc!!

respacedgirl.blogspot.com

 
At January 20, 2011 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Have the best time in my favorite city in the world! CONGRATS!!!!!!

 
At January 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous Leslie (Downtown Traveler) said...

Welcome to NYC! If you're in town on Monday, join me and other travel bloggers for a tweetup in the Lower East Side (right next to your East Village home). Here's the invite: http://su.pr/1rmutg

 
At January 23, 2011 at 5:37 AM , Blogger cailen ascher said...

how fun!! i would definitely recommend the new "eating court" in the basement of the plaza. tons of food options - all from an amazing chef.

enjoy nyc : )

 
At January 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

Thanks everyone for your tips!! I'm back to Switzerland now... and have a serious amount of catch up posts to do! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home