This Page

has been moved to new address

The Day I Planned the Unplanned.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Day I Planned the Unplanned.

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Day I Planned the Unplanned.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Day I Planned the Unplanned.

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Day I Planned the Unplanned.

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!



Last night we arrived in Paris.

Paris and me, we have this kind of love-hate relationship. I've had great times with my friends, spending the nights in a spanish bar in Marais (which we later on discovered turned into a hype gay bar during the weekends), or dining in the strangest places, like a restaurant where you order a surprise menu in the dark and can'thelp it to wonder if the chefs are having a blast serving dead worms and telling you (afterwards) that it was aubergines. Even today, I'm not totally convinced of that days menu.

But then, there have been many times that this city has simply slapped me in the face. I was followed by an angry man who wanted to break my bones until I hid in a pharmacy, I got treated like shit in too many of those charming cafes, I got insulted on the streets and laughed at in a shop (probably because I just spoke to people in spanish with a french accent, and believed they would understand me this way). This has certainly kept me away from Paris in the last, er, 4 years and, if I had to be true, I hadn't felt the urge to come back.

Driving across the city last night, watching it's shiny lights and beautiful buildings made me look at it in a different way. I shouldn't punish a city for the bad experience I had during a few visits (after all, I had spent good times here, too). So this morning I decided to do the unthinkable - to give Paris a second chance.

This weekend promises to be challenging: I've started the weekend with black heels and a black suit (as I hadn't planned on staying over the weekend). This only lasted for 2 hours - the time that took me to shower and go to Galeries Lafayette and take part in one of the cities most famous traditions - the winter soldes! With a parisian flowery dress, flat boots and a chic black umbrella, I'm now ready to face my rival.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] said...

I was supposed to be in Paris tonight - but I forgot my wallet at the TGV station...sigh. Have a great weekend!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Don't let a few Parisians ruin Paris for you ;) It's such a gorgeous and romantic city! How can you hate it? :(

 
At January 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You have a number of advantages, Katherina over Paris. The most important of these is that you're way more attractive than any Parisian lady...which, now I think about it, might be more of a challenge than we think...

 
At January 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Andi said...

I think a lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Paris. I have one with BsAs!!!

 
At January 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] oh no! I hope you still managed to go on saturday!!

 
At January 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Lifebeginsat30ty I feel guilty... and know you're right. But it's really hard to stay focussed and not let a couple of bad experiences ruin your image of a city...!!

 
At January 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Wombat Thanks for the kind words... BUT... the parisiennes do have a certain I-don't-know-what! Although, over the weekend I was asked if I was from Paris a couple of times! It's the clothes I bought... I'm sure.

 
At January 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Andi ... BBAA? How can you even hate it? Such a beautiful city and so kind people...!! What was your bad experience, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home