This Page

has been moved to new address

The Day I drank Champagne Under a Dinosaur's Tail

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Day I drank Champagne Under a Dinosaur's Tail

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Day I drank Champagne Under a Dinosaur's Tail

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Day I drank Champagne Under a Dinosaur's Tail

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Day I drank Champagne Under a Dinosaur's Tail



Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or join me on Facebook to be regularly updated. Thanks for visiting!

Desert Buffet (not including the huge chocolate fountain)
You might be wondering what a cocktail week is like. Well - free drinks, aperitifs and buffets were tempting, but I must admit that it wasn't all as exciting as it may sound. I stood on heels 8-10 hours a day, giving the same speech to people I don't really remember (why don't they do business cards with a picture on them?) while doing my best not to stain my only suit - which wasn't always as easy as it sounds! 

But fear not! I still made my best out of it. After all, bankers have won my respect and appreciation inside and outside the bank (that is, including speedboats and pubs, too). Below some of the most memorable highlights.
  • I had champagne under a dinosaur's skeleton in London's Natural History Museum (this should have been on my bucket list!)
  • A trader kissed his last business card and gave it to me, soon afterwards, the banker next to him took off his tie and wrapped it around his head (it didn't last long - he was a bad boy, but not mad)
  • I had my fresh fruit juice running through a gigantic american football made of ice
  • One cocktail had an incredible buffet that culminated with a big chocolate fountain. Guess where I spent half of my time at the party...
  • I must have handed out around 50 business cards of mine - all with a typo (which I had to explain one by one)
  • While talking to one of the bankers, I was more concerned about his swinging glass of wine than the subject itself - he eventually split some of the wine in the carpet, but I had already moved half a meter away, just in case
I've returned to Switzerland being particularly concerned about the amount of food I can ingest in 3 days - scary. Must start diet. NOW. 

What have you been up to this week?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger cailen ascher said...

cocktail week (in theory) sounds divine! but mingling for hours on end in heels can be tiring.

the picture looks very cool, too!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Brenna said...

noo diets are for pansies!! Just pump up the exercise a little. Sounds like a classy affair you attended - that's so cool about the History Museum.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Ayngelina said...

Cocktail week... sign me up!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@cailen ascher standing that many hours on heels just made me want to drink more champagne!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Brenna Exercise sounds good, in theory. But after dipping a anything possible into a chocolate fountain... I think I've got to do more than that. I reached my lowest point when I dipped in a chocolate cookie... gross !

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Ayngelina who needs weekends anyways? ;)

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Andrew said...

I believe "Weekend" is also a cocktail, right? Wow this really does sound cool.

 
At March 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Andrew said...

Oh right, the other question. It occurred to me that a typo that you have to explain, but doesn't upset contact info could be an interesting way to be remembered. If you have a neat enough story, when they look at the spelling mistake they will remember you. Weave that into your job and you are good.

 
At March 11, 2011 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Jealous! I <3 Dinosaurs!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home