This Page

has been moved to new address

A Girls' Dresscode to a Speedboat Business Event ( Part II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: A Girls' Dresscode to a Speedboat Business Event ( Part II)

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Girls' Dresscode to a Speedboat Business Event ( Part II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: A Girls' Dresscode to a Speedboat Business Event ( Part II)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Girls' Dresscode to a Speedboat Business Event ( Part II)

So you migh be wondering how the speedboat event in the Port of Rotterdam went a few days ago - it was a disaster. I got half an hour late because my train go delayed, so I was there, dealing with some impatient bankers which made me slip into a bright red plastic overall size dutch L, which is, by the way, far away from the spanish - italian - french L. I know, I know - why did I even bother wondering for so many hours what to wear? Well, I guess I was kind of idealistic: I thought that it would be nice weather (it rained), that I would get a lifejacket (not a whole overall) and that our speedboat would look something like this (after all, I was told we would be discussing some major points of the project during the boat ride):



I was so wrong - or at least
someone was obviously wrong and confused me too, because the actual plan was to spend 3 hours on something similar to this:




Despite common beliefs, these red-orange plastic overalls do not mantain yourself dry - they are just there to make you look ridiculous. Ok - also to be used as a windbreaker, I guess (but their first use is definitely to make you look like a fool). This I found out after 2 hours speeding around the port: I started feeling wet and cold on my seat and instantly turned to my left to shout out to the company's financial controller "Are you feeling kind of wet too?". When we arriving to the end of the trip, I realized that my skirt was soaked (there went the well-planned-outfit).

Still, I had my fun - afterall, I'm quite flexible when it comes to socializing events. I guess I'll be wiser for the next time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2010 at 4:07 AM , Anonymous Janet said...

Haha oh no ya poor thing! God I hate when I wear the totally wrong things to events! :( At least you still had fun..that's all that matters I guess!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure there's a joke about bankers in a speedboat...

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home