This Page

has been moved to new address

The Sweetest Corner of London

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Sweetest Corner of London

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Sweetest Corner of London

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: The Sweetest Corner of London

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Sweetest Corner of London

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!


I know, I've been missing in action the last couple of weeks. I've been having a lot of work, business trips, visits, holidays... and haven't really had a lot of time to write about it!And that's the reason why this post comes, well, a bit delayed

Last thursday I was surprised with a improvising business trip to London (those are the kind of surprises I like). I had my tickets to stay over for the weekend anyway - perfect timing, thanks! As usual, the weekend could be summed up in 3 words: partying, walking and eating. Seriously, is this food obsession temporarily? Is it somehow related to age? Will I get over it before I turn into a gigantic walrus?

On planning our Sunday by, initially, checking out where to go ice skating, I stumbled upon London's Chocolate Festival. I must admit that, me (as well as most of my friends) aren't sweeties - Most of us would probably never trade a piece of cheese, ham or a dumpling for chocolate. But then - having the opportunity to explore a whole market of chocolate-related products (only during that precise weekend), who would decline the offer?


My Top 5 Selection


So, after making my way through the crowd to investigate what each of the exhibitors were offering, my 5 favorites (in no particular order) were...


  1. Champagne truffles, by Co CoutureCo Couture uses only French and Italian raw materials and most of its chocolates are dairy and gluten free. Usually the word "free" isn't appealing at all when it comes to chocolate - at least that's what I thought until I saw their collection of champagne, whisky and gold truffles
  2. Chocolate with lavender, by Bean and PodThey use all natural ingredients for their incredible flower truffles. Lavender is my favorite flower - could there be a better combination? 
  3. Cocoa Oil and Vinegar, by Hotel ChocolatHotel Chocolat was the only brand I knew at the exhibition. Besides from offering amazing pralines in all shapes, colors, textures and fillings they have some pretty exotic stuff that is definitely worth trying. I got obsessed with the cocoa and chilli oil and the cocoa vinegar. Did you know they even have cocoa penne?
  4. Cookies, by Sobo Chocolate. Forget about Starbucks cookies, there's nothing that can be compared to Sobo's cookies. They even won de Great Taste Awards 2010! Sobo Chocolate started in 2007, when entrepreneurs Helen & James got bored of their 9 to 5 jobs and decided that they wanted to gift the world with chocolate - it could be a movie, right?
  5. Rusty Tool Set, by White Fox Chocolaterie. Sorry, I'm cheating with this one. I remember their awesome collection of small chocolates and truffles, but when I visited their webpage and discovered their figurines... I couldn't resist! You've got to check our their shoes (they come in a shoe box!). 
I guess I can say that, when it comes to chocolate - I like it dark and with some exotic taste (yeah, exactly, like champagne or... chili!). 


Which is your chocolate ruin? Any particular type or flavor you can't live without?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At December 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger cailen ascher said...

one of my fave chocolate indulgences is "sipping chocolate" from a chocolate cafe in philadelphia. it's an espresso cup filled to the brim with the finest melted chocolate. omg....amazing!

ps. you're my blog swap partner! hi! and i'm your newest follower : )

great blog!

 
At December 17, 2010 at 12:39 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@cailen ascher Hi !! Nice to meet you blog swap partner :) hot drink chocolate is great....specially in winter!!

 
At December 17, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Yet said...

Hot Chocolate is... amazing for me. I just love it. And I love Dove Chocolate bars... and brownies... okay so let's just be honest. As I get older, my desire for chocolate increases. I never was one of those "chocolate obsessed" women that you see in the movies (and real life) but over the past year, I've become increasing lured by it's sinfully delicious charms. What am I to do??

PS...I'm from 20sb!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Claire Marie said...

Hello - how funny that you've posted this over here; I didn't realise!
Very interesting to read another blogger's perspective on the Chocolate Festival; lovely though, wasn't it? I did indeed see the train - thought it was amazing, but my favourite chocolate object was definitely the huge moose! Did you see it?

Claire x
http://tea-breaks.blogspot.com

 
At January 10, 2011 at 4:17 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Claire Marie A huge moose? I think I didn't see that one! It was so crowded...where was it? Do you have pictures?

 
At January 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Claire Marie said...

So sorry to reply so late, only just saw you'd written back! It was on the stall with the chocolate shoe, gloves, bucket of roses, etc. I do have one photo but sadly it's not the sharpest photo as it was packed away in a box - I could send it to you though if you'd like to see it? You could email me at claire_slight@hotmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @clairemslight and I can DM you it! x

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home