This Page

has been moved to new address

A Lucky Story (II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: A Lucky Story (II)

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Lucky Story (II)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: A Lucky Story (II)

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Lucky Story (II)

And there I was, standing in the front of hundreds of people staring at me asking themselves the same question: Who the hell is that girl?

I must say, I wasn't the only one receiving a prize that night. We were three winners: one guy got a ticket to anywhere in Europe because it was his birthday and another woman (from my same department - we are pretty lucky as you can see) won the million-dollar-prize: that is, 2 tickets to anywhere in the World in business class (btw. she won because of the costume-competition!).

Anyway, ever since, I have been thinking how to use these two tickets before the end of the year. I don't have many vacation days left after my New Zealand Roadtrip in May. And of course, I wanted to go as far as I could! Tanzania, Kenia, Lebanon, Oman, Canada, US... too many attractive alternatives (yes, I know - Oman? well, check this out, and you'll see what I mean!).

Considering that Safaris are rather for couples, I had been in Beirut (Lebanon) last summer and in Miami last winter... and that my mom would have died if I told her I would go to Oman... I was left with just a fewer choices. Additionally, I had one restriction - It had to be a direct flight of Lufthansa / Swiss Air from Geneva or Zurich.

It has taken far too much time for me to decide. Literally - because my offer is only valid for certain tickets (that tend to disappear very quickly!).
So... I had to take a quick step - Use the tickets. No matter how, but use them. I didn't want my prize to be void! And then in came into my mind, my next destination...



....And I got the tickets!

Here we go NY!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Blogger P said...

New York! Lucky! I've never been there.

 
At August 30, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Edlund said...

Girl, I am sooooooooooo jelly of you!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger KIBBYMEILIN said...

I like your blog! You are so adventurous! You must have oodles of fun!
-Kimmer, Dominica

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home