This Page

has been moved to new address

Ay, mamita!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Ay, mamita!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Ay, mamita!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Ay, mamita!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ay, mamita!




Talking about flexibility, today I've been informed that sometime around October I'll be going for a few weeks to Cuba to learn about the business that is done from Cuba and to get to know our local team.

I had been hoping for this moment for months, since 30% of my working hours I'm handling cuban business, which exposes me to its current political and economic situation. I've been looking forward to being in the heart of La Havana and experiencing the tension, but also the lust for life that characterizes its people. I want to walk along a local market selling old books and converse with their sellers about national poetry or art exhibitions (I'm sure there are many of them!).

I like to travel alone and don't need much to be entertained. Specially in South America, where people from Spain (and specially from the Canary Islands!) are treated as hermanos. With some interest in the country, it's very easy to start a conversation with locals - at least this was always the case in Montevideo.

... I guess I'm finally getting my "beach break" that I've been longing for the whole year! Does this mean I have to start my look-fit-in-your-bikini-routine over again?


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home