This Page

has been moved to new address

Make me Laugh and I'll be Yours

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Make me Laugh and I'll be Yours

This Page

has been moved to new address

Make me Laugh and I'll be Yours

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Make me Laugh and I'll be Yours

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Make me Laugh and I'll be Yours
















I'm back! - Not sure if I'm feeling as enthusiastic as that exclamation mark, though.
Madrid again was a perfect weekend (this time including my flights being on time, and me getting an upgrade from Iberia to business class as a reward for my "fidelity" with them - it was about time!).

After a hammering friday night on which we had drinks at my friend's apartment until 5 am, which is when we left to a club to have the deadly last drink - we call it deadly, because we are sure that it's the reason for our huge hungover, not the mix of bottles of wine, cocktails, pacharan, turkish shot and beer. No way.

Saturday night was about our routine: having tapas in la Latina. This time, instead of going to our usual bars, we tried out something new - Aroca XI, a designer tapas bar. The interior was amazing, and I later found out that it preserves part of the Arab and Christian walls. Specially recommendable are their cocktails - try out the Watermelon Mojito!

Anyway, getting to the reason of this post - the waiter. He wasn't particularly handsome, rather average (although there was something in his voice or accent that was appealing). He was watching for us all the time and, the best - he was hilariously funny. It was a really long time ago since last a guy used his sense of humor to flirt with me, and I don't understand why - it's such a good tactic! I noticed how my attraction towards him was changing during our dinner. Where I started thinking he was average, I found him more and more attractive - and the reason was definitely the way he acted towards me - he was sassy, cheerful and flirty, and I just love that. This got me thinking: in my long list of qualities the one should have, I now rank "makes me laugh" as the very first. In my last relationships it was me the story teller and the one trying to make the other laugh. It had only been my first boyfriend, who was a big story teller and who had a great sense of humor that could keep me laughing for hours in a row (at least the first two years of the relationship). Why did I just push this quality down the list? Maybe I had assumed that it's something rare, after all, I only found it once (ok, twice including the waiter). It's about time to change back my top priorities - maybe I wasn't being lucky because I was looking for the wrong character.

I must admit, that I was sad to leave this bar (with its waiter), knowing that I cannot come back as often as I would like to - but I'll keep it in my mind, and will definitely go back next time I'm in my Madrid.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Steve G. said...

I agree, sense of humor is definitely an important factor for me. But I sometimes find myself subconsciously upgrading someone else's based on their physical attractiveness :/ It's sometimes good to get a reality check in the form of some friends when it comes to the personality and humor and what not.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home