This Page

has been moved to new address

All I want for Christmas is Cheese

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: All I want for Christmas is Cheese

This Page

has been moved to new address

All I want for Christmas is Cheese

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: All I want for Christmas is Cheese

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All I want for Christmas is Cheese

Hello! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!


Borough Market, London

Maybe it's the cold weather, the snow, that makes me want to wrap into a warm blanket and fish pieces of bread out of a fondue. Or maybe the Christmas market that I cross every evening after work, with it's shiny big menus announcing fondue and raclettes for 5 CHF. Perhaps the street market stands, that have such a broad variety that, even if you examine each one carefully, you can be sure that the next week there will be at least one you will have never seen before. For one reason or another, I'm thinking about cheese during an alarmingly high amount of time a day. 

Since we are close to Christmas (and I'm still craving for cheese), I'm sharing 5 Christmas gifts for cheese lovers (yes, I'm crossing my fingers that someone will surprise me with of the below). 

1. Raclette Machine
Having a raclette machine at home is one of my wildest fantasies (geez am I weird). For those of you who don't know the raclette - it's a type of cheese, originally from Switzerland, that is used for melting and is accompanied by small potatoes, pickled onions and gherkins as well as tradition swiss dried meat. 



2. Mouse Cheese Grater / Serving Bowl
This little mouse grates cheese and stores it inside itself. You can easily detach the mouse from the grater and turn it into a serving bowl. Why having a traditional grater? This one is so cute!

3. Fondue Set
Fondue is a traditional swiss / french dish of melted cheese that is eaten by dipping long-stemmed forks with bread into the cheese mix. The difference with the raclette (besides from the serving) is that the fondue is made of a specific mix of cheeses (that varies between France and Switzerland) and is usually added some wine and seasoning. It's the ideal apres-ski meal. And I want it, too. 

4. Natural Slate Cheeseboard
I just love this cheeseboard - Have you noticed the chili shaped handgrips? The board is protected with acrylic resin to reduce chipping and prevent from staining - making it a perfect board to cut and serve the cheese. You can feel at home like at the finest french restaurant - having your own plateau de fromages


5. Set of Cheese Knifes
Anyone spending enough money on buying cheese should have a set of proper cheese knifes. I fell in love with the minimalistic designer set below, which offers one to cut parmesan, general cheese and soft cheese (from left to right).


Needless to say, all this cheese chit chat has whetted my appetite.

Do you think this cheese obsession has to do with living in Switzerland / France? Or can it hit anyone anywhere? Do you also fantasize of crackers with cheese?

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM , Blogger Tara said...

I would kill someone for some good cheese right now. Seriously. Cheese is the first thing I'm eating when I get back to Canada. I love Korea and all... but there is NO cheese here. Or, if you find it, it is HORRIBLY overpriced.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cheese is undeniably sexy, Katherina, and made only more so by the hawt machinery you so lust over.

Those curvy knives are killer...they remind me of women...

You're weird in an entirely normal cheesy way.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Tara Is it true that asians don't LIKE cheese??

 
At December 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Wombat Thanks Wombat, I think that's the cutest compliment I've received in years!

By the way, it's good to have you back on the blogosphere!

 
At December 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome, Miss K. Cheese kinks are very sexy. It's all about the texture and the taste and the decadence and...okay, I better stop now.

Ah, yes, the blogosphere. I cannot stay away.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Essence B. said...

I dream about cheese too, it's perfectly normal. And I lurve the cheese grater/serving bowl! It is adorable and totally necessary, right? Right.

 
At December 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Edlund said...

I love mozerella cheese the most! YUM! With tomatoe and basil, drizzled with EVOO and balsamic.

 
At January 5, 2011 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have been in Ireland..the government handed out 1 kilo o f free cheese to every family hwo wanted it a few weeks before Christmas!! Then again, it might not have been up to your cheesey standard! :D

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home