This Page

has been moved to new address

Night & Day in Buenos Aires (Part I)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Night & Day in Buenos Aires (Part I)

This Page

has been moved to new address

Night & Day in Buenos Aires (Part I)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: Night & Day in Buenos Aires (Part I)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Night & Day in Buenos Aires (Part I)


I had to take my time to write this post as I only spent a weekend in Buenos Aires and it has been already a few months ago - time goes by, so quickly!

While I was over in Uruguay for my training, I took a weekend to fly over to Buenos Aires - it's only about an hour flight from Montevideo and there are thousands of connections every day. I wasn't going to discover the city alone, though - I had two fellow trainees rotating in our argentinian offices (one of them is argentinian himself and the other had been in Buenos Aires for the last 2 months or so), so I was really looking forward to discovering some nice boliches.
We met in The Kilkenny's Irish Pup (ironic, right?) in Reconquista - which is quite touristic and always crowded. To end the night we went to a rather local area, called Las cañitas (this is the unofficial name of a few blocks within the area of Palermo). Bars, pubs and restaurants are located around the Báez, Arce, Arguibel and Ortegy y Gasset. Every bar and restaurant in this area looked great! We decided to settle down at Van Koning Bar - a dutch bar with modest lights, two floors and a nice terrace to enjoy late summer nights. They have a long list of beer, both national and international (I remember that, because they actually had one of my favorites: Franziskaner!).

The next morning, I decided to discover the city on my own way - by asking a cab driver to drive me to a nice place. Well, we did drive me to Palermo (duh!), but this was a different part - this was the artistic, alternative and rather retro part, called Palermo Soho. Let me tell you something: you will never have seen so many nice restaurants, bars and shops at once and so many beautiful people sipping their coffee and having their snacks. It felt like being far away from the city and the traffic!



I didn't want to leave - I would have easily quit my job and moved into Palermo - its streets are cleaner than Switzerland, bars are open every day and have happy hours that last from 7 to 12 pm (and besides, happy hour really means happy hour - mixed drinks for 1.3 euro - are you kidding me?).

It was about 4pm when I officially had to say goodbye to Palermo. I still had a lot of places to visit, and the next one in my list was La Boca....

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katherina!
When I went to the apartment for rent Buenos Aires time went by so quickly that now I want to return and continue enjoying the amazing city!

 
At November 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Ashton It surely was.. how long did you stay? I'm looking forward to go the next time - hopefully with more time than just a weekend!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 3:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Palermo Soho, especially the shops! BA always makes me feel like I am in a really cool European city but with the Latin American spirit and South American prices. What more could you ask for :)

 
At January 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Katherina said...

@Jayne It surely is one of the most complete cities! Which is why I'm hoping to live there at some point in my life..!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home