This Page

has been moved to new address

NZ Road Trip #5: Wellington

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: NZ Road Trip #5: Wellington

This Page

has been moved to new address

NZ Road Trip #5: Wellington

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
100MILES HIGHWAY: NZ Road Trip #5: Wellington

Thursday, June 17, 2010

NZ Road Trip #5: Wellington


Its a while since I last wrote on my trip around New Zealand - I have to catch up before my alzheimer starts having short-term effects on good memories (I'm not sure if these issues as caused by the alcohol or by the overload of finance-related issues that bounce in my head - of course, I prefer thinking its the latter).
Wellington was probably the most trendy city I had seen in a long time. Unfortunately, we only stayed for 2 days, and didn't have time to check all of it, but for the time being, this is what impressed me most:
  • The second hand shops - time or weather conditions don't seem to be an issue, there will always be trendy people with big sun glasses, a boho hat and some shopping bags. Only for this reason, I could already picture myself living in this city. The city has a huge second-hand market (specially for clothes). Shops vary in price and style - you can find from elegant charleston dresses for a special event up to H&M t-shirts from last season for half-price or even less. I had to join the trend and bought a nice 70s style silk dress (I swear - you can't resist the shopping!).
  • People like wearing hats - yes, its a trend! Besides, if you don’t wear one, you feel uncomfortable. They mostly match them with their stockings and/or handbag (girls) or wearing nerd glasses and slim jeans (guys).
  • Bars are awesome - Seriously, I wish I could find this type of bars in Switzerland: affordable, familiar and really stylish. Bars offer a considerable wine menu and I strongly recommend to try a local pinot gris if you like dry white wine.
  • It's windy - If I had to name a flaw, it would be the sudden wind - those days, you can't expect having nice hair and the best alternative solution is probably to live under a hat.
I felt sorry for not staying longer in Wellington, but we still had a long way to go....!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home